As you work with a production Active Directory it’s all too easy to lose track of what accounts and groups are configured and in use. There are some brilliant Audit tools available which can help, but few are geared towards Education and many are complex to setup and use.
To help our customers tackle this, we’ve added a feature we are calling the Housekeeping report to the Salamander Integration Suite.
This feature, available to all customers of the Salamander Integration Suite working with Active Directory is designed to trawl AD and report on the status of the directory.
On first release (available from 1st February 2019) it will report on the following items:
- Pupil Users not matched with the MIS
- Staff Users not matched with the MIS
- Users who have never logged in
- Users who have not logged in within 30 days
- Users who have not logged in within 60 days
- Users with Domain or Enterprise Admin rights
- Users with expired passwords
- Users with passwords set to never expire
- Disabled Users
- Users with no group memberships
- Users with a primary group not Domain Users
- Groups not updated in 30 days
The output of this will be a simple HTML document to allow the user to quickly review the information output and decide if any action is needed.
Going forward, the reports available will be customisable to suit your needs.
Multi Academy Sites
Although this build will work for sites with multiple schools in the Domain or the Salamander Installation, the initial release will not provide a school by school breakdown.
How do I get it?
The new viewer is available to all new and existing Salamander Integration Suite customers working with Active Directory.
Customers can get this added to their installation by emailing our support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or after 1st February 2019.