This position has now been filled.
To support our growing customer base we are looking for a number of support consultant/technician’s to help us maintain our level of support to our new and existing customers.
SalamanderSoft currently consists of 11 employees, the majority of which are operations/support staff. It is a small close-knit company and our ethos is to provide excellent service to our customers and to be the best at what we do. This is reflected in the fact that all our sales are via word of mouth/recommendations – we do not have a sales team, and we are still growing strongly. All our roles are remote working, so you will be working from home.
We have a great reputation with our customers as evidenced by this thread on EduGeek: SalamanderSoft – Singing Praises 🙂
Who we are looking for
Your attitude will be key, we will be looking for someone who:
- uses their initiative and gets things done
- comfortable working with customers and aims to deliver over their expectations
- has enthusiasm and interest in technology.
- wants to be the best that they can be and strives for excellence
- is able to work independently and remotely
- has a hunger to learn new skills
We’re not looking for exact skills as we will train you in any you do not have, but on a day to day basis you might be working with:
- Active Directory
- Office 365 including Azure Active Directory
- G Suite – all parts of it
- Querying SQL Server
- School MIS systems such as SIMS.net
- REST APIs
Any experience of these would obviously be an advantage.
As this is a remote role you will need a suitable area for working in your home, a broadband connection and probably a kettle.
This is very much a customer focused role, and regular customer contact via Phone/Skype and email will be essential.
With technology being such as fast-moving field, we would expect you to have a thirst for knowledge and be keen to improve your skills, with a proven track record of doing so.
What you will be doing
You will be joining the existing support and installations team (currently made up of 7 people) to help us remotely install and support our range of products into schools and other Education institutions across the UK and further afield.
You will be working primarily with our Integration solutions, linking the school’s MIS to Active Directory, Office 365, G Suite for Education and other systems.
Our work is conducted from our own homes, although some occasional travel and hotel stay may be needed to allow us to meet as a team and best support our customers.
This is a hands on, customer facing, technical role.
What we will do for you
- We will offer a competitive salary, dependent on experience, together with pension contributions
- A chance to work on the latest technologies (especially Office 365, Google and Azure)
- Training resources and all appropriate technology and software will be provided.
- 5 weeks paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Flexibility in working hours when required, although our customers’ needs have to come first
- The opportunity to get rid of your daily commute
- Expenses paid on any business travel
- Support you in improving your current skills and to work with and develop new ones
- The opportunity to attend some conferences/events/training during the year
- Paid Certification attempts
If you are interested in joining our team, please write to us at email@example.com with anything you want to support your application. Links to social media and community involvement would be great as well. Noting where you saw the ad would be helpful to us.
If you would like more information or an informal chat about the role, please contact Jon Atkinson, firstname.lastname@example.org
We will also be exhibiting on stand B288 at the BETT Show (23rd – 26th January 2019) at the London EXCEL. Please feel free to contact Jon if you’d like to arrange an informal chat during the show.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 27th January 2019.
First interviews are expected to be conducted via a Video Call w/c 28th January 2019 with the intention for new team members to start on Monday 1st April 2019