C# Developer – Home Based
Who are we?
SalamanderSoft is a small but growing software house providing integration products and services to the education sector in the UK. As part of our growth, we are now looking for a C# developer to design, develop and implement our products.
Our products integrate school management systems with Active Directory, Office 365, G Suite, SharePoint and other products. Although written in C# they use a number of different technologies to integrate with all the different systems, from REST and SOAP web APIs to direct database access and custom object models. We are also currently running a project to run our product set in Azure which is likely to be a main focus for you initially. We use agile methodologies as much as possible. The product set has been developed over the last 10 years and so is quite mature, but there is constant change as new features are added to the systems we integrate with and as we add support for new products.
SalamanderSoft currently consists of 8 employees, the majority of which are operations/support staff. It is a small close-knit company and our ethos is to provide excellent service to our customers and to be the best at what we do. This is reflected in the fact that all our sales are via word of mouth/recommendations – we do not have a sales team, and we are still growing strongly. All our roles are remote working, so you will be working from home.
Who we are looking for
To date, I have been the sole developer, and I am now looking for someone to take on some of the development work to allow for further growth of the company. I would be happy to consider both senior and junior developers. The role could be full-time or part-time for the right candidate and will be a home-based role so you will need to be comfortable and effective working from home. Although home-working sounds great and offers a lot of flexibility it is not for everybody.
The exact skills we are looking for will depend on your experience, although C# is a core requirement. However, your attitude will be key, we will be looking for someone who:
- uses their initiative and gets things done
- has enthusiasm and interest in development and technology.
- wants to be the best that they can be and strives for excellence
- is able to work independently and remotely
- has a hunger to learn new skills
- wants to drive best-practices and processes
For a senior developer we would also be expecting agile skills, especially test driven development.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in the UK and, due to the nature of the sector we work in, we require all employees to be DBS checked.
What we will do for you
- We will offer a competitive salary, dependent on experience together with pension contributions
- A chance to work on the latest technologies (especially Office 365, Google and Azure)
- The ability to drive best practices and processes within the development team
- Significant autonomy.
- Training resources and all appropriate technology and software will be provided.
- Flexibility in working hours when required, although our customers’ needs have to come first
- The opportunity to get rid of your daily commute
- 5 weeks paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Expenses paid on any business travel
- Support you in improving your current skillset and to work with and develop new ones
- The opportunity to attend some conferences/events/training during the year
- Paid Certification attempts
If you are interested in joining our team, please write to us at email@example.com with anything you want to support your application. Links to social media and code repositories would be great as well. Noting where you saw the ad would be helpful to us.