Google’s Cloud Identity is a free identity and access management cloud solution that provides a robust set of capabilities to manage your users online. These managed identities provide easy and secure access to all Google products and a large catalogue of third-party applications.
It is implemented as a free license which used instead of a standard G Suite license. Cloud Identity users will not have access to the G Suite core services unless you assign them a G Suite license.
Some advantages of adding this type of user are:
- Free access to a SaaS application catalogue containing hundreds of preconfigured applications.
- Basic Mobile Device Management
- Access policies that enable granular security
- Integrated multifactor authentication
- Robust reporting and usage metrics
Salamander Active Directory is capable of creating users with this free license or with a standard G Suite license, as with everything we do it is completely configurable.