Support Consultant – Home Based, £20,000 – £28,000, Closes 13/11/2016
Who are we?
We (SalamanderSoft) are a small, but dynamic, team dedicated to providing first class products and services to the Education Sector. Through our integration products for school systems, we help our customers to connect up their on-site and off-site systems in exactly the way they need to support teaching and learning as well as school administration.
As our customer base is growing, we are looking for an experienced support consultant/technician to help us maintain our level of support to our new and existing customers.
We also give back to the community by developing the SharePoint Learning Kit and a number of free utilities for schools.
What we need you to do
You will be joining the team to help us remotely install and support our range of products into Schools.
The main products you will be working with are our range of integration products, linking School MIS to Active Directory, SharePoint, Office 365, G Suite for Education and other systems.
Our work is conducted from our own homes, although some occasional travel and hotel stay may be needed to allow us to meet as a team and best support our customers.
This is a hands on technical role.
What we will do for you
- 5 weeks paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Flexibility in working hours when required, although our customers’ needs have to come first
- The opportunity to get rid of your daily commute
- Expenses paid on any business travel
- Support you in improving your current skills and to work with and develop new ones
- The opportunity to attend some conferences/events/training during the year
- Paid Certification attempts
Who we are looking for
Someone with great technical skills who loves helping customers and solving problems. We’re not finished with a job until the customer is happy. You are the sort of person who will see something wrong and fix it before it is raised as an issue. This is very much a customer focussed role, and regular customer contact via Phone/Skype and email will be essential.
Although you will need to be able to work independently and with little supervision, the team is always in contact via Skype for Business, Yammer, email and phone. However, home working isn’t for everyone, some need the face-to-face contact an office gives!
With technology being such as fast moving field, we would expect you to have a thirst for knowledge and be keen to improve your skills, with a proven track record of doing so.
Although we will provide all the equipment and software that you need to do your job, you will need a suitable area for working in your home, a broadband connection and probably a kettle.
Now the boring bit
Key Skills we are looking for:
- Expertise and Experience maintaining Active Directory, preferably in a School Environment
- Experience with scripting Active Directory
- Experience with Basic SQL Server Queries
It would be great if you had – but don’t worry if you haven’t:
- Knowledge and experience of SIMS.Net/Facility CMIS or other School MIS systems
- Scripting Experience
- One or more Microsoft Certifications
- Experience working with Excel or other products for analysing data
- Experience with SharePoint in an education environment
- Experience with Office 365 Administration
- Experience with G Suite / Google Apps for Education Administration
- Some experience of managing IT projects
If you are interested in joining our team, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with anything you want to support your application. Links to social media and community involvement would be great as well. Noting where you saw the ad would be helpful to us.
If you would like more information or an informal chat about the role, please contact Jon Atkinson, email@example.com
First interviews will be conducted via Skype Video Calling w/c 28th November 2016.
It is hoped that the successful candidate will start w/c 6th February 2017
The closing date for Applications is midnight on Sunday 13th November.